- Takes ages to fill your bath?
- Hosepipe only delivering a dribble of water?
- Combi-boiler showing error messages?
Your water pressure may be low
What should my water pressure be?
The target water pressure for water companies in the UK is 1 bar. There are many reasons why your house might not be experiencing this level of pressure.
Why would water pressure drop?
- Leaks â€“ If water is leaking from your system your pressure will drop. Find out more.
- Partly closed stop tap â€“ gently opening the tap may help
- Shared supply pipes â€“ you may experience low pressure during peak periods.Â An independent supply is highly recommended.
- Supply pipe sizeâ€“a smaller internal diameter will limit the flow rate to the property
- Pipe Corrosion â€“ restricts water flow and can lead to leaks
- Heating systems and showers â€“ Many new showers and combination boilers will need a minimum level of flow to work effectively
How can I improve the water pressure in my home?
Old water pipes may be restricting flow and need replacing; leaks may be allowing water to escape or you may be sharing a supply with a neighbour â€“ whatever the cause of your drop in water pressure it is worth telephoning Murphy Utilities to sort the problem out.